Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

New Frontiers

So here it is... My baby, whom I had left my career to stay home with and raise is 4 and on his way to school. So what does that mean to me?! I am finding that the older he gets the more he actually needs me, not necessarily for the same things that he needed me for a few years ago but for explanations and new lessons everyday. But that is neither here nor there. I am on the new frontier of heading back to work. ( I am honestly having a harder time with this than he is)

So I applied, interviewed and got hired. So here are the big questions, who will watch my son when I am not there? Will they know that he likes milk with his snacks? Will they know that he can build his marble track all on his own? Will he need me at nap time? Ugh... I never thought that these things would matter to me so much. At which point can I do this without worrying about my baby, who surely notices my absence and direly needs me home. These are all the things that I am worried about during my interview. I get home form this process to find that my son has had the time of his life playing marbles with someone else. I sigh and kick off my heels, we may all actually get through this.

Although I feel like I just went through the first day of school all over again. I love my son and hace relished everyday that I have had with him since he was born and wouldn't give a single day back for anything in the world. But it is time for new things for both him and me. I guess this is the first step to letting him grow up and as much as I hate this... Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment